EFR First Aid at Work Instructor Course
The Emergency First Response (EFR) First Aid at Work Instructor program builds upon the knowledge and skills of the standard EFR Instructor Course, adding the additional knowledge and skills required to teach an Australian Workplace-approved first aid program.
The EFR First Aid at Work course is aligned to the Nationally Recognised Training Unit of Competence HLTFA301C: Apply First Aid. As such it is recognised as workplace approved training by Workcover NSW. An EFR First Aid at Work Instructor may conduct the following programs.
- HLTFA301C: Apply First Aid
- HLTFA201B: Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTCPR201B: Perform CPR
Having the ability to teach this program will allow the instructor the opportunity to develop new opportunities.
Please see our Course Calendar for more information on our upcoming courses.
To enrol in the program you must
- Be a current EFR Instructor (including EFR Care for Children Instructor), or be concurrently undertaking the EFR Instructor Course (and thus meet those requirements).
- Be 18 years of age prior to starting the EFR First Aid at Work Instructor program
To be certified as an EFR First Aid at Work Instructor, you will need to submit documentation to show you meet the following requirements to Emergency First Response Pty Ltd
- A Statement of Attainment for HLTFA301C: Apply first aid dated within the past 3 years; or be a registered nurse or medical practitioner; or hold a level three or higher ambulance officer qualification
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAA40104), or a Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training (BSZ40198)
We can issue the Statement of Attainment for HLTFA301C: Apply first aid if you don't hold one. An additional charge will apply.
If you don't hold the Certificate IV, you may conduct the EFR First Aid at Work Program under the direct supervision of a person holding one of the applicable Certificate IV qualifications, if you have completed the assessor units from these training packages.
To issue Statements of Attainment through PADI's RTO you will need to be inducted as a trainer with the RTO. There are additional requirements to register, including holding a current Working With Children Check, and submit a CV of your training experience.