PADI Tec Instructor
The PADI Tec 40 course is the perfect introduction to the world of Tec Diving. As a PADI Tec Instructor, you are able to teach this introductory tec diving course, along with the PADI Discover Tec experience.
During the PADI Tec Instructor course, you'll refine your tec diving skills, and learn how to teach the PADI Tec 40 course. You'll be offered many tips and tricks for successfully running the PADI Tec 40 Course and the PADI Discover Tec experience, and will be given a thorough overview of the applications, principles and practices of tec diving.
Your Course Director, Des Paroz, has been tec diving since 1997, and teaching tec from later in the same year. Des has also held technical instructor ratings with ANDI and TDI.
The PADI Tec Instructor Course is conducted over 4 days, and consists of 5 dives, as well as various practical application, knowledge development and skills development sessions.
All PADI TecRec courses can be undertaken using twin cylinders in either backmount-manifold configuration, or in sidemount configuration.
To enrol in the PADI Tec Instructor course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Instructor or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor Training course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 metres/ 60 feet and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet.
If you are not certified as a Tec 45 Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization), you must complete the entire Tec 45 Diver course in conjunction with your instructor training.
After completing the PADI Tec Instructor course, prior to applying for certification the following additional requirements apply:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
- Be certified as a PADI Tec 45 Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization. For the purposes of this level, a qualifying certification is one that qualifies you to make decompression dives to 45 metres/145 feet using air, EANx and oxygen using double cylinder, open circuit scuba equipment.
- Have a minimum of 20 stage decompression dives.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Instructor Exam.
Your application may need to include documentation/proof of meeting these requirements by including photocopies of certifications, qualifications, etc. Log entry copies or print outs must specify dates, depths, locations, times and gases used. Verification and signatures provided by witnesses (divers and instructors of courses assisted) must provide the same information.